Whether you’re looking for a campervan holiday with your family or just want some time away on your own, you can use our campervan holiday service to take you across the country and beyond.
A Campervan holiday is a great way to get back to nature, but using a tent can be a bit of a pain. It’s hard to carry all your gear, set up camp, and then have to take it all down again when you’re done.
Not only is it a lot of work, but life under the canvas can also be uncomfortable and inconvenient. You never really know what the weather is going to do, and you’re always at the mercy of bugs and other wildlife.
Our modern Volkswagen campervans solve all these problems. They’re easy to use; just drive up, park up and unpack. They come full of clever features like a bed that doubles as seating during the day and USB charging ports for your devices. Plus, we have two models of campervans so you can choose the size that’s right for you.
You can even bring the dog in a campervan. No matter what your reason for wanting a camper holiday is, we’re here to help!
- What are the benefits of a campervan holiday?
- Are campervan holidays fun?
- What are the most common mistakes people make during a campervan holiday
- Where can I go on my Campervan Holiday?
- When is the best time of year for a campervan holiday?
- How much does a Campervan holiday cost?
- What do I need to book a campervan holiday?
- Can you tell us more about your campervans?
- What’s included in our holiday package?
- We make campervan holidays simple
- How can I book a campervan holiday?
- So what are you waiting for?
What are the benefits of a campervan holiday?
There are plenty of benefits to be had from a campervan holiday, here are just a few:
Freedom & Flexibility: With a campervan, you’re free to go wherever you want, whenever you want. Perfect for all kinds of holidays. Whether you’re looking for a family holiday that lets you explore the country at your own pace or just want to get away from it all for a while, a campervan is a perfect way to do it.
Convenience: With all your accommodation and transportation taken care of, a campervan holiday is super convenient. There’s no need to worry about packing everything up and moving from one place to another – just jump in your van and go!
Affordability: Campervan holidays are often much more affordable than traditional package holidays. With all your transport and accommodation sorted, you can save money on food and other extras, letting you enjoy your holiday without breaking the bank.
Mental Health: There are plenty of mental health benefits to be had from a campervan holiday. According to Dr Kaye Richards, Chartered Psychologist of the British Psychological Society, “Camping should be an important consideration in the current climate where we understand mental health, family cohesion and connection with nature to be key influences on an individual’s well-being and quality of life.” With no TVs or phones as distractions, you can really focus on enjoying your time away with friends and family.
“Camping should be an important consideration…on an individual’s well-being and quality of life”Dr Kaye Richards, Chartered Psychologist
Are campervan holidays fun?
Yes! Campervan holidays are definitely fun, especially when you fall through the deck chairs! Just kidding – Campervans are a fantastic way to see the country, whether it’s the annual family holiday or a solo trip – just to get away from it all, a campervan trip provides something for everyone. Stripped back holidays away from the stresses of life, helping you relax in stunning countryside. Plus, who doesn’t love a good old sing-along around the campfire? You got the marshmallows, right?
What are the most common mistakes people make during a campervan holiday
Don’t overpack. We see this all the time! This is easily done so remember you don’t need to take as much as you think – it’s all about minimalism.
Don’t stress it. The chances are you’ve not done this before and that’s ok! It’s a learning experience, just accept that you’ll feel like a fish out of water and go with it anyway. Have a look at our FAQs sections and check out our blogs as we’ve probably covered your questions. You can always drop us a line if you need to, we are always happy to help.
Where can I go on my Campervan Holiday?
The UK is a truly beautiful country, and with a campervan from us, you can explore it at your own pace. Whether you want to visit the bustling cities like London or Edinburgh or check out some of the best scenic spots such as the Jurassic coastline or the Lake District or just to get away from it all. It’s all possible. Even Europe is a great choice for a campervan vacation. Of course, you can book your campsites along the way, but if you’re feeling adventurous, why not try using the britstops book?
How about a road trip?
A Campervan vacation is very flexible, maybe you have a particular tour in mind or just want to go where the road takes you. Whether you want to head out in one direction for as long as possible or explore different parts of the country every few days, a campervan holiday gives you the freedom to do whatever you please.
But…if you do want some inspiration then we have a have few ideas for you.
When is the best time of year for a campervan holiday?
The best time of year to take a campervan holiday is really up to you! If you’re looking for warm weather and sunny skies, then spring or summer would definitely be your best option. However, if you want some snow-covered landscapes and cosy nights keeping warm in the campervan, winter could well be just what you’re looking for. It really depends on what you’re hoping to get out of your holiday!
How much does a Campervan holiday cost?
Campervan holidays are often much more affordable than traditional package holidays. With all your transport and accommodation sorted, you can save money on food and other extras, letting you enjoy your holiday without breaking the bank. Like any other holiday though, the price does vary. Time of year and how long you go for are the biggest factors. Check out our Campervan holiday quotation tool to get a price specific to your needs.
What do I need to book a campervan holiday?
To book a campervan for your holiday, you will need to meet certain requirements from our insurers. It’s all pretty standard stuff and normal practice within this industry, the main points are:
- You must be between 25 and 75 years old.
- Have at least 2 years of driving experience.
- No more than 6 points.
- Be able to provide ID of where you live.
You can read the full terms and conditions here.
Can you tell us more about your campervans?
Sure thing! Well for starters, we don’t do “conversions” here. We think you deserve the best, that’s why all of our campervans are from the VW California Lifestyle stable. Each of them is designed and built by VW themselves. From the engine down to the kitchen sink…all of it from VW.
No third-party has installed gas or electrics…or added seatbelts (shudders). Nope! Everything is straight from a trusted vehicle manufacturer with all the appropriate safety standards as you would expect from a renowned automobile giant like Volkswagen.
Our campervans are refreshed very frequently so that you can be assured of the most up to date campervan models directly from the VW factory with all the latest tech.
What about electricity in the campervan?
When you’re travelling in a campervan, you’ll want to make sure that you have access to power so that you can keep your devices charged and stay connected.
All of our campervans come equipped with dedicated onboard batteries which can be used to power lights, appliances, and charging ports – perfect for keeping all your gadgets happy…as well as keeping the children entertained!
There is enough capacity in the batteries to generally keep you going for 3-4 days if you are stationary, parked up and away from any outside electric points. The moment you start the engine, all the batteries will start charging again.
Remember, you always have the option to plug into the campsite if you have booked a pitch with electricity included. We supply the hookup cable for you.
What’s included in our holiday package?
- A fully fitted kitchen. All the bits and bobs you’d reasonably expect to make mealtimes quick and easy in the campervan with enough for four people to dine.
- Full comprehensive insurance.
- Complimentary membership to Camping and carvanning club.
- Once you’ve booked you campervan holiday, our lovely partners will give you up to 30% off at their campsites.
- Free parking for your car. Leave your car with us whilst on your campervan holiday free of charge. It’ll be quite safe in our compound, behind locked gates and covered by CCTV. At your own risk though, our insurance company insist we point that out!
- Breakdown cover. It’s very unlikely you’ll need this as our vehicles are all very new but just in case, we’ve got you covered. VW Assist will come to your location and sort out any problems. This covers Europe too.
- Support Line: 24-hour support cover from our UK based expert staff.
We make campervan holidays simple
southamptonvwcamperhire.co.uk is the perfect place to find all the information you need about campervan holidays in the UK. From prices and availability to tips on how to make the most of your holiday, we have everything you need right here on our website. Plus, our team is always happy to help with any questions or queries that you may have, just drop us a line.
How can I book a campervan holiday?
Booking a campervan holiday with us is easy and straightforward, just follow this simple process:
- Step 1 – Choose your VW Campervan. Whether it’s the compact, go-anywhere California Ocean or the Grand California made for bigger adventures, there is a model for every intrepid explorer.
- Step 2 – Check Live Availability. Once you’ve decided on the right campervan for you, it’s time to select your dates. If we don’t seem to have anything for your exact timeframe then clicking on the “Calendar” button will give you a planner view showing all the available slots. Next, pick your desired vehicle from the list. You can find out more about each vehicle by clicking on the “More images and details” button.
- Step 3 – Complete your campervan holiday booking. All that remains now is for you to choose any optional holiday extras that you may need, provide us with a few personal details to get you set up and complete the deposit payment online.
You are all set. Campervan holiday sorted!
So what are you waiting for?
Book your campervan holiday today and get ready to explore everything a campervan trip has to offer! With so many amazing campsites and destinations to choose from, we’re sure you won’t be disappointed – after all, there’s something special about a campervan holiday that just cannot be beaten.